Tuesday 8 January 2013
Melissa Ayr - Painting with Air - Contemporary Abstract Artist Paints with a Leaf Blower Video Clips. Duration : 1.02 Mins.


Melissa Ayr - Painting with Air - Contemporary Abstract Artist Paints with a Leaf Blower Contemporary Abstract Artist, Melissa Ayr is an artist who paints with air. Ayr has emerged from her studio with a fresh perspective on contemporary painting with her unique practice of using a leaf blower to push paint on canvas. Ayr releases her latest works as a collection inspired by California, the Poppy Collection sets the tone and elements of this floral series with vibrant luminosity. Ayr creates her own canvas and color pallet with a mixture of pigment, oil and acrylic. Classically trained in the elements of composition, color and perspective, Ayr creates her latest collection using Air produced by a leaf blower. Ayr applies the paint in translucent layers on the Canvas and is able to control the air to bend and shape into the essence of floral. Artist Statement: I am an artist and I see the world differently. As an artist, I am just a paint brush. I paint who I am. I paint with what's around me. I paint what I feel. I feel what I paint. Sometimes I paint without touching the canvas at all. I start with raw materials, build my own canvas, develop my own color pallet from primary colors and embellish the artwork with elements around me. I have been known to paint with my body, to throw paint, to throw objects covered in paint, use fans, straws, sand, leaves, flowers and most recently the leaf blower. I create large art pieces using many colors, layers, materials, textures and ...

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog