Sunday 30 December 2012
How To Make A Silver Wire Necklace, The Greek Link by Ross Barbera Tube. Duration : 30.62 Mins.


How to make a silver wire "Greek Link" necklace; in this video I demonstrate how to construct this beautiful necklace in easy to follow, step by step instructions. Visit www.watercolorjewelry.com to learn more about my jewelry creations. To create the "Greek Link" necklace that you see me construct in this video, I used .035 sterling silver wire, soft, round. This is my favorite metal to work with, but you may also experiment with the many colored wires available at craft stores. I particularly like Black Stove Pipe wire. Black wire gives this necklace a distinctively unique look. A wire that I recently discovered is Niobium, which is a hypo-allergenic metal, easy to work with, and available in many anodized colors. The construction of this necklace requires the use of three different types of pliers, round nose pliers, chain nose pliers, and diagonal cutters. I also use a fine jewelry file to file the ends of the cut metal wire, eliminating any sharp edges, and a two ounce ball peen hammer to work the metal. Each "Greek Link" is constructed from an eight inch length of silver wire, and the links are attached to one another using a bridging link. The bridging link also permits the incorporation of beads. To complete the necklace, I attach a hand-made fish hook clasp to one end, and a figure-8 link to the other end. For a detailed demonstration on how to construct this clasp, please see my videos entitled "How to Make A Simple Jewelry Clasp, Part 1," and "How to Make A ...

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog